Since 1944, when Wilton Dinges envisioned manufacturing sculptured masterworks, Emeco has been focused on a single goal: combining the best materials with the highest skilled craftsman.
Quality isn't an accident. It's all about the process and people.
Timeless. Chairs admired today...and indefinitely.
Chairs that span generations and cultures. Built individually by a handful of craftsmen. 77 painstaking steps at a time.
The enduring Emeco classics.
Foster and Partners wanted a simple all-aluminum chair that wouldn't detract from their world-class interiors. Oh, and it had to stack 10 high. And be made of recycled aluminum. And super strong. And fire proof. And light weight. And of course, comfortable. Not so simple.
The DNA of Emeco's first chair, 10-06, runs through 20-06, but this new chair belongs to the new century.
• stacks up to 10 chairs high
• touched by human hands
• only the best materials
• 77 step process results in a chair that will last a lifetime
• soft aluminum has smooth bends without distortion
• proprietary thermal treatment makes Emeco chairs 3 times stronger than steel
• anodized finish makes surface near diamond hard
• hand brushed finish gets better with age
• shaped to conform to the body
• measures 18.5w x 19.5d x 31.5h inches with a 18 inch seat height
• weighs 7 lbs
• leadtime for delivery is 10 to 12 weeks