Blu Dot was founded by John Christakos, Charles Lazor and Maurice Blanks. The firm began as a loose collaborative of three college friends trained in architecture and art, based on the premise that design should be affordable. The partners chose furniture as the subject of interest and opened a studio and operations in Minneapolis in 1996.
Blu Dot has begun to realize their vision with a collection of over 40 pieces that are both elegantly abstract and unambiguously functional. Blu Dot pieces are in the permanent collections of several museums, have been seen on the sets of well-known television shows such as Friends and ER, and have won numerous national and international awards.
Massive primal shapes reveal a more sophisticated side in this thoughtfully proportioned throne. A subtle stitch detail gives the seat a dash of old-school tufting and a hint of brushed stainless steel floats it all off the floor. Available in chalk and dark roast.
• solid hardwood & plywood frame
• brushed stainless steel base
• chalk: wool/poly blend upholstery with green contrast stitching
• dark roast: wool/poly blend upholstery with red contrast stitching
• measures 36w x 36d x 28.5h inches with 17h x 24d seat
CHALK ON BACKORDER...ETA IS MID MARCH