Blu Dot was founded by John Christakos, Charles Lazor and Maurice Blanks. The firm began as a loose collaborative of three college friends trained in architecture and art, based on the premise that design should be affordable. The partners chose furniture as the subject of interest and opened a studio and operations in Minneapolis in 1996.
Blu Dot has begun to realize their vision with a collection of over 40 pieces that are both elegantly abstract and unambiguously functional. Blu Dot pieces are in the permanent collections of several museums, have been seen on the sets of well-known television shows such as Friends and ER, and have won numerous national and international awards.
Sofa by day, peacekeeper by night. This warm and inviting sofa flips forward to become a queen-sized sleeper at a moment's notice. Walnut legs coordinate thoughtfully with your choice of four fabrics: brunette, coal, smog or stone.
• solid hardwood & plywood frame
• plain-sliced walnut veneer on solid hardwood base
• brunette/smog: poly blend flannel upholstery
• coal: 50% cotton/50% poly upholstery
• stone: 77% cotton/23% poly blend upholstery
• measures 80w x 30d x 30h inches with 18h x 21d seat
• measures 80w x 60d x 12h inches as sleeper
BROWN ON BACKORDER...ETA IS MID MARCH