Since 1944, when Wilton Dinges envisioned manufacturing sculptured masterworks, Emeco has been focused on a single goal: combining the best materials with the highest skilled craftsman.
Quality isn't an accident. It's all about the process and people.
Timeless. Chairs admired today...and indefinitely.
Chairs that span generations and cultures. Built individually by a handful of craftsmen. 77 painstaking steps at a time.
The enduring Emeco classics.
The Hudson chair is a spectacular update backed by an iconic bloodline. Philippe Starck created and named it for Ian Schrager's Hudson Hotel in New York. The Hudson is included in the design collection of the Museum of Modern Art, and it was selected by the Chicago Athenaeum as one of the top 100 designs for 2000, winning the prestigious "Good Design Award".
The Hudson rocking chair takes the iconic Emeco style into the modern nursery. Its great design and kid-proof finish will last for generations.
• one piece construction without connections
• touched by human hands
• only the best materials
• 77 step process results in a chair that will last a lifetime
• soft aluminum has smooth bends without distortion
• proprietary thermal treatment makes Emeco chairs 3 times stronger than steel
• anodized finish makes surface near diamond hard
• hand brushed or polished finish gets better with age
• shaped to conform to the body
• measures 17w x 23.5d x 32h inches with a 18.75 inch seat height
• weighs 9.75 lbs
• leadtime for delivery is 10 to 12 weeks