THE FirstBIKE STORY – ONE MAN, ONE MISSION; TWO WHEELS
Ralf Coerschulte, an avid German cyclist, product designer, and father, developed FirstBIKE with one goal: to build the best balance bike for younger children, allowing them to learn to ride a bike intuitively and without stress.
After years of fine-tuning and testing, he succeeded in creating an unparalleled product that is deemed to be the safest on the market in terms of features supporting a child’s physical development. FirstBIKE has also proven to be a great helper when it comes to the development of a child’s self-confidence, sense of independence, and enjoyment of learning.
FirstBIKE is the perfect training bike for developing your child's sense of balance, motor skills, and self-confidence. Unparalleled features make learning and exercise safe and fun.
Inflatable tires offer much better on-road performance (the bike is springy, and therefore, much more comfortable). The Basic model with solid polyurethane wheels are sold almost exclusively to kindergartens and playgrounds, where it’s not practical to have bikes that require re-inflating and where low maintenance is more important than a comfortable ride.
For safe riding on a balance bike, it is necessary that your child reaches the ground with both feet flat, not just with the toes. Around 90% of two years old children need the lowering kit.
FirstBIKE Limited with limited edition colors and with world-renowned Schwalbe Big Apple tires for maximum traction on any surface.
• flexible frame allows for shock-absorption and protection of your child’s spine
• hand-controlled, rear drum SafetyStop brake ensures very gentle and gradual braking; the braking power can be adjusted (unlike the commonly used rear V-brake, this unique drum brake is also safe for little fingers)
• steering limiter helps your young rider ride smoother and helps prevent rough falls
• reflective stickers for better visibility in low-light conditions
• no sharp edges or protruding screws
• safety grips keep little hands from slipping off
• extremely lightweight, high-strength yet flexible, and weatherproof frame doesn't scratch, splinter, swell or rust
• special non-slip "horse saddle" shape seat with tools-free adjustment provides for maximum comfort and stability
• designed in Germany
• no compromise design and construction
• highest quality materials ensure a lifetime of enjoyment and trouble-free use
• suitable for children from 87 cm and 22 months (with optional lowering kit)
• lowest seat position is 30.5 cm
• lifetime warranty on frame and fork
• 5 year warranty on all other parts