Blu Dot was founded by John Christakos, Charles Lazor and Maurice Blanks. The firm began as a loose collaborative of three college friends trained in architecture and art, based on the premise that design should be affordable. The partners chose furniture as the subject of interest and opened a studio and operations in Minneapolis in 1996.
Blu Dot has begun to realize their vision with a collection of over 40 pieces that are both elegantly abstract and unambiguously functional. Blu Dot pieces are in the permanent collections of several museums, have been seen on the sets of well-known television shows such as Friends and ER, and have won numerous national and international awards.
An elegant and refined approach with thin edges and thoughtful proportions. Subtle and inventive door pulls smoothly open and close drawers with contrasting FLW red interior. Rift-sawn white oak or graphite-on-oak with an alloy-plated stainless steel base. Series Eleven. When ten just isn't quite enough.
• solid hardwood over engineered wood substrate with oak veneer
• red drawer interior (Frank Lloyd Wright red)
• adjustable interior shelf
• self-closing door hinges and drawer glides
• cable management openings
• stainless steel base
• graphite on oak: stained rift-sawn white oak veneer
• rift-sawn white oak: rift-sawn white oak veneer
• measures 84w x 21d x 27h inches